2021 Summer NABC Transportation Guide
Traveling to Providence is very easy. TF Green Airport is served by most major national airlines and is a short 15 minute ride to downtown Providence. The train station, Union Station, is located in the center of the city and is served by Amtrak and MBTA commuter railroads. International travelers can fly into Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts. Providence is 55 miles south of Boston and an easy 1 hour drive from Boston. The Connecticut casinos, Worcester MA, and Cape Cod are within easy commuting distance to Providence.
Travel By Plane
The Providence TF Greene Airport (PVD) is located just 9 miles south of the downtown area. Travel + Leisure magazine voted TF Green one of the best airports in the country and was ranked #1 for its accessible location and #2 for its smooth checkin process.
The Providence Airport is served by the following major airlines:
- Air Canada - Reservations (888) 247-2262
- Allegiant AIrlines - Reservations (702) 505-8888
- American AIrlines - Reservations (800) 433-7300
- Azores AIrlines - Reservations (508) 677-0555
- Delta Airlines - Reservations (800) 221-1212
- Frontier Airlines - Reservations (801) 401-9000
- Jet Blue - Reservations (800) 538-2583
- Regional Sky - Reservations (877) 359-7595
- Southwest Airlines - Reservations (800) 435-9792
- United Airways - Reservations (800) 864-8331
Travelers going to Providence can fly non-stop from the following cities:
- Air Canada - Toronta, Canada (Seasonal)
- Allegiant AIrlines - Cincinnati, Punta Gorda/Ft. Myers and St. Pete/Tampa Bay
- American AIrlines - Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Miami (seasonal), Philadelphia, and Washington-Reagan National
- Azores AIrlines - Ponta Delgada, Azores (seasonal)
- Delta Airlines - Atlanta, Detroit
- Frontier Airlines - Atlanta (seasonal), Austin (seasonal), Charlotte (seasonal), Denver (seasonal), Ft. Myers (seasonal), Miami (seasonal), Myrtle Beach (seasonal), Orlando, Raleigh-Durham (seasonal), and Tampa (seasonal)
- Jet Blue - Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale
- Regional Sky - Montreal, Quebec, Canada (YHU – St. Hubert Airport)
- Southwest Airlines - Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers (seasonal), Orlando, Tampa, Washington-Reagan National, and West Palm Beach (seasonal)
- United Airlines - Chicago (O’Hare), Newark, and Washington (Dulles)
Car rentals are available at the Providence Airport. Click here for rental information. A taxi from the airport to the downtown area is about $30 to the host hotels. The InterLink facility connects planes, trains, buses and cars and offers a consolidated rental car facility for TF Green Airport. The InterLink is located at 700 Jefferson Boulevard, Warwick, RI and it connects to MBTA commuter trains, offers a commuter parking garage, rental car services and a skywalk to the airport terminal. Parking at the InterLink garage is $5.00 for up to 24 hours.
West coast and international travelers may find it more convenient to fly into Boston Logan International Airport. Boston Logan airport offers non-stop service from all major US cities. Logan airport is located 55 miles north of Providence, RI. Travel time to Providence is about an hour via highway.
Peter Pan Bus Lines provides bus service from Boston Logan Airport to Kennedy Plazza in downtown Providence. All host hotels are less than a 5 minute walk. The pick up location for arriving passengers is outside the baggage area at each terminal, directly outside the main doors. The cost of a one-way ticket from Logan Airport to Providence is $24.00 per person. Bus service runs from 8:00 am to 10:30 PM every day at intervals ranging from 1 to 2 hours. Click here to view the current bus schedule from Boston Logan Airport to Kennedy Plazza in Providence.
Travel By Train
Train service is available to downtown Providence. Union Station is located adjacent to the State Capital building and a short 10 minute walk to the RI Convention Center and all of the 4 host hotels. Amtrak provides rail passenger service from major cities such as Boston, New York, New Haven, Philadelphia and other cities in the Northeast Corridor. High speed Acela rail service is available into Providence.
Commuter rail service to downtown Providence is provided by the MBTA Providence / Stoughton line. The MBTA provides train service from the north between Boston and Providence. In addition, train service is provided from the south from Wickford, RI and from the Providence Airport to downtown Providence. The roundtrip commuter rail ticket cost from Boston to Providence is $23 per person.
Travel By Auto
Players can drive to the RI Convention Center to play in the NABC. Enter your address below to obtain the best driving directions from your location. There are plenty of safe and secure parking facilities downtown. The RI Convention Center Garage has 2,400 parking spaces available. The parking rates at the Convention Center garage are very reasonable. The rate for daytime parking is just $12 and overnight parking is only $18. Additional parking is also available at the Providence Place Mall Garage which has almost 4,000 available parking spaces. You can park in the mall garage for up to 5 hours for just $2. Players can use the covered sky-bridge to walk in comfort from the Mall to the Convention Center without going outside.