2022 Summer NABC Transportation Guide
Traveling to Providence is very easy. TF Green Airport is served by most major national airlines and is a short 15-minute ride to downtown Providence. The train station, Union Station, is located in the center of the city and is served by Amtrak and MBTA commuter railroads. West coast and international travelers can fly into Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts. Providence is 55 miles south of Boston and an easy 1-hour drive from Boston.
Travel By Plane
The Providence TF Greene Airport (PVD) is located just 10 miles south of the downtown area. Travel + Leisure magazine voted TF Green one of the best airports in the country and was ranked #1 for its accessible location and #2 for its smooth check-in process.
The Providence Airport is served by the following major airlines:
- Air Canada - Reservations (888) 247-2262
- Allegiant Airlines - Reservations (702) 505-8888
- American Airlines - Reservations (800) 433-7300
- Breeze Airways - Reservations (802) 213-8448
- Delta Airlines - Reservations (800) 221-1212
- Frontier Airlines - Reservations (801) 401-9000
- Jet Blue - Reservations (800) 538-2583
- Southwest Airlines - Reservations (800) 435-9792
- Southern Airways Express - Reservations (800) 329-0458
- Sun Country - Reservations (651) 905-2737
- United Airways - Reservations (800) 864-8331
Travelers going to Providence can fly non-stop from the following cities:
- Air Canada - Toronto, Canada (Seasonal, check with Air Canada)
- Allegiant Airlines - Cincinnati, Punta Gorda/Ft. Myers
- American Airlines - Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Philadelphia, and Washington-Reagan National
- Breeze Airways - Charleston, Norfolk, and Pittsburgh
- Delta Airlines - Atlanta, Detroit, LaGuardia, and Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Frontier Airlines - Atlanta, Cancun, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Orlando and Tampa.
- Jet Blue - Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Orlando, Tampa, and West Palm Beach
- Southwest Airlines - Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Orlando, Tampa, Washington-Reagan National
- Southern Airways Express - Nantucket
- Sun Country - Minneapolis/St. Paul
- United Airlines - Chicago-O’Hare, Newark and Washington-Dulles
Car rentals are available at the Providence Airport. Click here for rental information. A taxi from the airport to the downtown area is about $40 plus gratuity to the host hotels. Uber and Lyft ride sharing is readily available to the airport. The pickup location is on the outer curb at arrivals. Ride share cost is about $20 plus gratuity. The airport InterLink transportation hub connects planes, trains, buses and cars and offers a consolidated rental car facility for TF Green Airport. The InterLink is connected to the airport terminal via a skywalk and is located at 700 Jefferson Boulevard, Warwick, RI. It connects to MBTA commuter trains, offers a commuter parking garage and car rental services. Parking at the InterLink garage is $5.00 for up to 24 hours.
West coast and international travelers may find it more convenient to fly into Boston Logan International Airport. Boston Logan airport offers non-stop service from all major US cities. Logan airport is located 55 miles north of Providence, RI. Travel time to Providence is about an hour via highway.
Peter Pan Bus Lines provides bus service from Boston Logan Airport to downtown Providence. Those taking the bus should select Downtown Providence as their destination not the bus terminal. The drop-off and pickup location is the tunnel at the Convention Center. All host hotels are less than a 5-minute walk. The pick-up location for arriving passengers is outside the baggage area at each terminal, directly outside the main doors. The cost of a one-way ticket from Logan Airport to Providence is $24.00 per person. Check the Peter Pan website for the current schedule.
Travel By Train
Train service is available to downtown Providence. Union Station is located adjacent to the State Capital building and a short 10-minute walk to the RI Convention Center and all of the host hotels. Amtrak provides rail passenger service from major cities such as Boston, New York, New Haven, Philadelphia and other cities in the Northeast Corridor. High speed Acela rail service is available into Providence.
Commuter rail service to downtown Providence is provided by the MBTA Providence / Stoughton line. The MBTA provides train service from the north between Boston and Providence. In addition, train service is provided from the south from Wickford, RI and from the Providence Airport to downtown Providence. The roundtrip commuter rail ticket cost from Boston's South Station to Providence is $24.50 per person.
Travel By Auto and Parking
Players can drive to the RI Convention Center to play in the NABC. Click here for the best driving directions from your location. There are plenty of safe and secure parking facilities downtown. The RI Convention Center Garage has 2,400 parking spaces available. The parking rates at the Convention Center garage are very reasonable. The rate for daytime parking is just $10 and 24-hour parking is only $20 with in/out privileges.
For all players needing 24-hour parking, please contact Kenny Rodriguez, parking manager of the Convention Center Garage. He will give you a temporary parking pass for the days you will be attending the NABC and will send you a secure payment link so you can prepay your parking and obtain your pass. Click here to email Kenny take make arrangements for overnight parking. Note: The link may not work for browser based email clients. Contact Kenny at email@example.com.
Additional parking is also available at the Providence Place Mall Garage which has almost 4,000 available parking spaces. You can park in the mall garage for up to 5 hours for just $2. Players can use the covered sky-bridge to walk in comfort from the mall to the Convention Center without going outside.